Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 7, 2013

Encouragement and Provision


We are "cat tending" for some vacationing friends this week. Isn't their porch awesome? They live outside of town on a few acres and it is quiet and beautiful up at their place. I wish I could sit on their porch. Alone. For a long time : )



 I couldn't resist sharing a couple of photos from outside their home.





There are rustic and charming things to take in everywhere you look.


This is the view from the back of their house! Just incredible. 
  
So it's been a busy week over here with projects, birthdays and just being a mom. I wish I would have documented my sweet boy's 6th birthday better, but I know he enjoyed his day from beginning to end, and that's more important than a pretty blog post to this mama today. Do you ever think about the "endings" that come with birthdays? Two nights ago I was struck by the bittersweet realization that I will never again be the mom of a 5 year old boy! It's ok, really, it just caused me to pause and reflect for a time.


His day included double chocolate brownies, (his choice instead of cake)
 

playin' crazy at our friend's house,
 

and a pre-haircut chocolate-y dessert face photo!


From ragamuffin to stylin' overnight : )
He had asked for an afternoon of fishing at the lake on his birthday, but I had some car issues I couldn't make that happen. He was very sweet about it and said it was no big deal. 
I was able to take him and one of the girls fishing at the pond in our neighborhood this evening, so he did get to try out his new birthday fishing pole. It was a gorgeous evening, and he and his sister had a ball!


 
 As a blogger I hope to be real with you about my family's circumstances without constantly having a "sob story" about how difficult things are for me. I do have times of feeling very tired and discouraged, but I must tell you that God continues to bring hope and provision into our lives on so many levels. 
Sometimes, like today, it can come in the form of something as simple as a needed tool at a yard sale. I have projects that have been put on hold because my power tools aren't in working order and I simply don't have the money to buy new ones. This morning when I headed out to tend to my friend's cats, I came across a yard sale (I usually don't even stop these days) and found a saw I've had on my "list" for just $2.00! I thought it was a mistake, or that there must be something wrong with it, but nope. It's in great working order. An answer to prayer. I've referred to God leading me across troubled waters on stepping stones of grace, and this week was no exception. Sometimes his care for us looks just like a jigsaw :)

One more bit of encouragement I received this morning was finding out my DIY mason jar chandelier was included in an online slideshow at Good Housekeeping! I know in the scheme of things, it's not a "big" thing, but to this little nobody blogger it was pretty darn exciting! 


You can see the Good Housekeeping article over here,
which includes some other mason jar projects I think you'll love!

Thanks again for walking this road with me, my friends. It means more than you know.

Have a blessed weekend!

Jeanette





 



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your feature! How wonderful to find that tool at a garage sale...it was waiting just for you!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette, I loved seeing your friends porch and yard-reminds me of my friends land who lives in Carmel Valley, Ca. I'm thankful that the Lord gave you rays of sunshine-providing a tool you needed.
    Hugs today,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Good Housekeeping feature is wonderful. You should feel proud of your accomplishments with your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! And special recognition for it is a big plus!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a sweet post. Your faith inspires me!
    I call it Divine garage sale-ing. There have been many time I have been led to a garage sale only to find the very thing I have been looking for. I can't wait to see what you can do with that saw. Congratulations on your feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is wonderful!! happy for your feature and for a great deal on a saw! You have a very handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!